Strategic Quoting Specialist
Post Date: February 17, 2014
Position Location: Denver
- Gather and analyze customer documentation to submit RFQs.
- Submit customer RFQs to support front-end quote strategy by understanding and recommending lead suppliers/distributors.
- Analyze data to provide most competitive pricing to win business.
- Collaborate with multiple organizations within the company to help increase quote closure rate.
- Ensure best price options for customers through price comparison to align with pricing and commodity strategies.
- Provide expert knowledge of the market, manufacturers, key competitors, and place the correct focus and emphasis on the areas of the business that will generate the greatest quote win rate.
- Facilitate communication with the vendor regarding customer and quote priority.
- Follow up and tracking of quote disposition.
- Interact with commodity teams, Account Managers, Business Development Managers, and engineering group to compile all critical information.
- Serve as single point of contact for customer specific engagements for both new and on-going business.
- Conduct daily quote reviews of the opportunities from the previous day utilizing available tools (i.e. Quote FX).
- Use additional data points such as MOQ analysis/turns/ROI/excess to make the most strategic quote recommendation.
- Update internal customers with status on quote progress. Identify and communicate any potential roadblocks to help reduce quote turn around time.
- Identify and coordinate with commodity team areas for alternate sources.
- Based on market trends and strategic opportunity, make recommendations to sales team and management on pricing.
- Analyze vendor feedback to make best recommendation for quote response/package.
- Monitor, measure and report vendor performance.
- Assist with new product launches, prototype build quoting.
- Extract and analyze data out of the EPIC Pricing Analytic System.
- Manage ECN quoting process.
- Bachelor's degree with five to seven years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Firm understanding of how own area interacts within the sub-function.
- Ability to make sound business decisions based on return on investment, working capital, gross margin, and profit.
- Strong negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Familiar with ITAR and EAR and how they impact the quote process.
- Analytical, negotiatin, problem solving skills.
- Customer focused.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Send resume via email:
EPIC offers a competitive benefit package
including medical, dental, vision, disability,
401K, life insurance, paid time off, bonus
opportunity and 100% tuition reimbursement.