EPIC recognizes that the cost of quality is directly measured by the robustness of product design, solid manufacturing processes and implemented product test strategies. Our focus on DFM/DFT and the Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP) launch process ensure product design, process and quality improvements are identified and acted upon during the NPI process. Our consultative approach ensures that a clear roadmap is developed for each customer’s continuous improvement efforts.
EPIC’s engineering team integrates with customer design teams or third party product design and development service companies in new product development efforts. The engineering staff takes a consultative teaming approach to DFM/DFT recommendations which include:
- Providing detailed reports identifying design deficiencies that will impact quality and throughput of the product. These deficiencies are prioritized according to the severity of the impact.
- Provide seminars and presentations that help educate customer teams on ways to improve product design in order to improve quality and reduce production cost over time.
Key points in the NPI planning effort include:
- Understanding customer requirements
- Implement DFM and DFT processes to validate product design
- Use closed loop controls and checklist procedures to validate process and test implementations
- Use a focused product launch process with feedback, assessment and corrective action mechanisms to ensure that product meets customer requirements.
The end benefit is early identification of potential issues which could impact time to market. This focused approach also enhances overall product quality and lays the groundwork for continuous improvement initiatives and enhanced product sustainability.