EPIC takes a systemic approach to total cost reduction that includes:
- A Lean manufacturing philosophy designed to enhance schedule flexibility, quality and efficiency
- Design for Manufacturability/Testability (DFM/DFT) analysis and recommendations to improve each productís production efficiency
- Custom manufacturing solutions for each customer which meet that customerís requirements for responsiveness, quality and competitive cost
- Robust commodity management with a focus on global cost competitiveness, creating a competitive advantage for EPIC customers
- Dedicated program purchasing resources, driving customer-specific material cost reduction initiatives while ensuring component availability and quality
The combination of an internal system focused on continuous improvement and specific customer-focused initiatives related to enhancing schedule flexibility, reducing materials cost, minimizing inventory liability, improving quality and eliminating non-value added transaction costs helps reduce both measureable and hidden costs.